Sunday, May 20, 2007

I have finally pulled the trigger!


After working day and night on DUNVEGAN for three weeks, hustling to get most of the necessary projects finished, I finally backed the truck up and hooked on! Sunday, the 20th of May, 2007, I towed DUNVEGAN 560 miles from Missoula, Montana to Anacortes, Washington. I am thankful for my IPod and XM Radio.

Anacortes is wet! Driving rain and windy, 50 degrees. I am already in survival mode. Just like the reality shows on TV, I could die right here in the parking lot. Soaking wet, hypothermia setting in, no place to sleep. The boat is still on the trailer as I cannot launch until tomorrow. Boats function better in the water than out. This one sits about 20 degrees bow down on the trailer but I can sleep onboard tonight. I'll make a little nest in the foc'sle and probably end up in a ball in the anchor locker in the morning.

I was able to fire up the Dickenson propane furnace which is taking a little bit of the chill off so maybe I won't die tonight after all. Another thing that has helped is that I am parked next to the Flounder Bay Cafe and the clam chowder and calamari are excellent! Well, I'll probably get by.

I must say though, I could not have made it this far without the support, understanding and encouragement of my First Mate and loving wife. Thank you! I want to thank my kids for their love and support also!

1 comment:

Ben Webb said...

Hi Frank-

Congratulations, the adventure is about to begin. Its cold and rainy here in Missoula too, so don't be too homesick. Enjoy the trip!!

Safe Travels & Smooth Seas!!!

Ben