Saturday, May 26, 2007

Here's a Place I've Never Been Before


Got up this morning without a plan but I know Lund is a little too cramped. I headed into Desolation Sound, not wanting to go too far today. I need to get some chores done on the boat and formulate some kind of a plan. I've heard so much about Refuge Cove that it just needed to be checked out. This place is, of course, beautiful but really quiet right now. It turns out that it is still pretty early for the cruising crowd and so they are not even officially open! However, they are great folks and they had the front door to the store open as they were working to open for business by the first of June. So I helped myself to the diesel fuel and had my pick of any place on the dock. Pretty much the opposite of Lund.

I haven't decided if I might hang around Desolation Sound for a bit or run uphill a ways. It's tough to leave one incredible place just to go to another incredibly beautiful place. The plan is to go north however. The next leg will take me through five sets of tidal rapids. I put in a link to them in one of the older posts, "The Plan".

Met a great older couple in a 34' CHB Trawler from Port Angeles. They lived in the Bitterroot Valley just south of where I now live, about 35 years ago and still have four kids living in western Montana.

The WiFi connection failed last night so this is a little late.
( N 50 degrees 07.41' W 124 degrees 50.41' )

No comments: