Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Break on through to the other side!



I spent yesterday working on a big engine problem which I managed to solve after 11 hours. Thankfully, I discovered it at the dock or it would have been probably too big to solve. Here is a photo of the problem but the explanation is strictly on a need to know basis.

Today is a totally different story though!. As of 1330hrs., I am sitting at anchor in Prevost Harbor on Stuart Island (N 48 degrees 40.697' W 123 degrees 11.639' if you would like to GoogleEarth that).

This place is kind of out of the way in the San Juans and I am about .6 miles from any structures east and west but the WiFi signal is 100%. There appears to be some cell phone coverage also.

I'm getting the boat squared away and am actually beginning to enjoy this! Tomorrow I will clear Canadian Customs at Bedwell Harbour (I have to go with the Canadian spelling now) and continue north. I haven't calculated the slack at Dodd Narrows but if it works I might just make it to Nanaimo.

1 comment:

Steve Rainey said...

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum!!
Glad you finally got out of Montana and you really covered a lot of ground (and water) once you did. Have a safe, great, and bonny trip north!!