Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Headed Home Face




The weather has turned absolutely beautiful! Unfortunately, as you know Ginger has flown out back to hot, hot, hot Montana.

I have gotten the romantic vision of solo cruising out of my head and so I am now focused on going home.

For those of you who know the area, I motored from Lagoon Cove to Francis Bay (N 50 degrees 21.011' W 125 degrees 02.506') at the lower end of Yaculta Rapids, 69nm, transiting all five tidal rapids. I noticed a Sundowner Tug at the dock in Shoal Bay but I was between rapids and couldn't take the time to stop in. I think it was a 36' with red trim. The further south I get the more boats there are. Going through the rapids was like playing bumper cars! That was the day after Ginger left, yesterday.

Today I left Francis Bay and am now at anchor in Nanaimo Harbour, 88nm! New record for me in a slow boat solo. Excellent traveling weather and favorable currents.

These photos are; my going home face, another shot of Cutter Cove and an example of what I mean when I say there are too many boats. That is a shot of my radar screen while at anchor in Nanaimo (notice the scale).

I should be back in Anacortes in acouple of days. 1963nm to date.

Alaska veteran M/V DUNVEGAN may be for sale.

No comments: