Friday, July 20, 2007

Dear Owen





Owen,
As much as I sometimes worry about something going wrong, DUNVEGAN (PLACEBO) has not missed a beat. she is a natural for this kind of cruising. We have met a lot of people cruising who admire her even though she is usually the smallest boat in the harbour. Thanks for taking such good care of PLACEBO (DUNVEGAN) and passing her onto us. She has given us a once in a lifetime experience and we are grateful. (Although, this trip has convinced us that we will return to Alaska in a boat).

Tom and Ann remembered the boat and said to say hi to you and Suzette. I updated them on BOOMER, I think they would like to hear from you sometime.

My advice to you is to not wait until everything is perfect with BOOMER to cruise to Alaska, just do it! You will probably want to make some modifications as a result of the cruise anyway.

We are currently sitting at the dock in Kwatsi Bay, still as wonderous as ever. In two days we will be in Lagoon Cove where Ginger will fly from, back to the lower 48. I will singlehand back to Anacortes on no particular schedule. We stopped by Lacy Falls on the way in. Here are some shots of the falls and Kwatsi Bay.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Frank,

Your post literally brought a few tears to my eyes. You are very thoughtful. It does my heart good to hear that Placebo has performed so well for the two of you. I cannot tell you how much I look forward to our cruise north.

I think the tears came on primarily upon your encouragement about finishing Boomer. I can't tell you how frustrating it can get when I ponder how many man-hours remain. Your words of wisdom will be taken to heart, I assure you!

My dad passed away just a few weeks ago as a result of his battle with Altzheimer's. I was fortunate to have made it down to Texas prior to his passing. His life, as well as his death, reminds me of that our days are truly numbered and we should live to make each and every one of them count...for our time here as well for eternity!

Thank you for sharing your cruise with Suzette and me.

Owen (on-the-hard in Oregon)

Unknown said...

PS: Tell Anka, Doug, and the kids hello for us. They were great to us during our stay there!