Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Hot! Hot! Hot!






The Fourth of July appears to be a big deal in Juneau. Big parades and a great fireworks celebration, or so I’ve been told. I was in bed long before the bombs were bursting in the air. We did get mixed up with the parade a little bit when we tried to make our way down town to pick up our tickets for the Tracy Arm run tomorrow. The parade had just a bit of a freaky touch to it. Lots of politics and great diversity. This was a kind of a day off, at least we started out without any plans.

The weather here is about 58 degrees, overcast and occasional sprinkles. I did get to look at the weather in Missoula. 101 on Thursday and 103 on Friday and then cooling way off to 95. I think I will be happy with the weather here.

A nice day to go to Mendenhall Glacier! I post some photos for you folks in all those hot places so you can just gaze at them and cool off! As I’ve mentioned before, if you click on the photo, you should be able to get a much closer look at the ice!

An aside to this post; we got information today that the Ketchikan newspaper quoted this blog in reference to the situation back in Prince Rupert and the flooding problem. We’re almost famous!

1 comment:

mo said...

Awesome fish! You look cool and happy. As you know it is blazing here. I hang out in the basement and river. Never thought that I be watching movies in the middle of a summer day. Don is in snow and blizzards in the Wakhan. I hate global warming. Fortuneately, garden is hanging in there. Miss you.